- Diffuse non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Follicular (nodular) non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Leukemia of unspecified cell type
- Lymphoid leukemia
- Malignant immunoproliferative diseases
- Monocytic leukemia
- Multiple myeloma and malignant plasma cell neoplasms
- Myeloid leukemia
- Other and unspecified lymphoid, hematopoietic, and related tissue conditions
- Other and unspecified types of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Other specified cell types of leukemia
- Peripheral and cutaneous T-cell lymphoma
Covered Conditions Under The WTC Health Program
In the last 20 years, tens of thousands have filed either a 911 cancer claim or a claim connected to another illness with the Zadroga Act’s two programs: the World Trade Center Health Program (WTCHP) and the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund (VCF). Some people who were affected are just beginning to show symptoms of illness, and some will not develop symptoms for years to come.
Who qualifies for 9/11 cancer claim benefits?
Individuals suffering from the following physical health conditions and cancers may be eligible for free medical treatment through the World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program and financial compensation through the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. In general, anyone who was present in Lower Manhattan below Canal Street, at the Fresh Kills landfill, on barges/trucks/piers along debris removal routes, the NYC Morgue, or at garages where emergency vehicles were cleaned between 9/11/01 and 5/30/02 may be eligible for free medical monitoring through the WTC Health Program.
Individuals who contracted one of the following covered illnesses listed on the WTC Health Program List of Covered Conditions may also be eligible for free treatment and medication, in addition to compensation through the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.
What cancers are covered under 9/11 benefits
Almost 70 types of cancer have been linked to 9/11, most thought to be the result of area business owners and workers, residents, students, first responders, and others breathing in air contaminated with the residue of building materials, microscopic shards of glass, and asbestos for months after the attacks.
The WTC Health Program List of Covered Conditions is subject to change as the Health Program Administrator, Dr. John Howard, and the Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee continue to review research, statistics, and studies in order to identify new conditions for coverage.
- Accessory sinuses
- Base of tongue
- Floor of mouth
- Nasal cavity
- Other and ill-defined conditions in the lips, oral cavity, and pharynx
- Other and unspecified conditions in the major salivary glands
- Other and unspecified conditions in parts of the mouth
- Other and unspecified conditions in parts of the tongue
- Parotid gland
- Piriform sinus
- Bronchus and lung
- Heart, mediastinum, and pleura
- Other and ill-defined sites in the respiratory system and intrathoracic organs
- Malignant neoplasms of the adrenal gland and other endocrine glands and related structures
- Anus and anal canal
- Bone and articular cartilage
- Breast among men
- Gallbladder and other parts of biliary tract
- Meninges, brain, spinal cord, cranial nerves, and other parts of central nervous system
- Penis and testis
- Small intestine
- Vulva, vagina, and cervix uteri (invasive only)
- Malignant neuroendocrine neoplasm, including carcinoid tumors
- Myeloid neoplasms, including myelodysplastic syndromes, myeloproliferative neoplasms, myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms, and myeloid malignancies associated with eosinophilia and abnormalities of growth factor receptors derived from platelets or fibroblasts
- Other cancers that meet the threshold incidence rate of less than 15 cases per 100,000 persons per year based on age-adjusted 2005-2009 average annual data.
- Chronic cough syndrome
- Chronic laryngitis
- Chronic nasopharyngitis
- Chronic respiratory disorder due to fumes/vapors
- Chronic rhinosinusitis
- Gastroesophageal reflux disorder (“GERD”) (persistent heartburn)
- Interstitial lung diseases (e.g., sarcoidosis)
- Reactive airways dysfunction syndrome (“RADS”)
- Sleep apnea exacerbated by or related to another condition described in the list of aerodigestive disorders
- Upper airway hyperreactivity
- WTC-exacerbated chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- New-onset COPD
- Responders who received treatment for a WTC-related musculoskeletal disorder, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or lower back pain, on or before September 11, 2003 are eligible for coverage.
- Responders and survivors who received treatment for a WTC-related acute traumatic injury on or before September 11, 2003 are eligible for coverage. Examples include:
For more information on the WTC Health Program List of Covered Conditions and 9/11 Victim Compensation, please contact Pitta & Baione at 844-982-2667 or email@example.com.
Pitta & Baione LLP Successful Claims
Read Real Reviews
I highly recommend Pitta Baione law firm. Matthew and Chris are prompt to return calls, extremely professional, diligent, attentive and compassionate. They listen to your concerns and don't stop working on your behalf until they get results.
From our initial phone call, we felt extremely confident in Pitta & Baione LLP. handling our 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund claim. Their expertise and familiarity with the 9/11 VCF claims process was evident in all that they did to help us with all aspects of our claim. We consistently felt their commitment to us and we continue to consider them a valued and trusted source of support.
The attorneys in this firm were understanding, compassionate, took the time to explain everything that was needed. They kept me up-to-date with the progress of my case and did everything possible to expedite it to a successful conclusion. I would highly recommend this firm to anyone who needed the assistance that I did
Professional, Excellent, Caring and Distinguished Attorneys and Staff who make every client special. Always striving and determined to accomplish a positive end result. They continually keep everyone up to date with the progress and reports about a clients case. An exceptional and considerate firm. I continually refer friends and family as well as anyone looking for a great group. Thank you for your assistance. It is greatly appreciated.
Matthew and his brother Chris helped me get a settlement so quickly it took my breath away! They were both not only professional and knowledgeable, but they took the time to actually talk to me and get to know me, I didn't feel like just another client, but family. They helped expedite my settlement in record time, when I needed it most!
Christopher Baione is the Partner at the firm who assisted me with my legal needs. During a very difficult time in my life he was very patient, listened to my concerns, always had time to answer my questions and was available via phone or email. I hope to not need to call him again, but if I do, he will be the attorney I will be visiting. Excellent attorney. 5 stars from me
I thank you for your amazing services, very professional, respectful...my dad and I were very pleased... we appreciate Mr Matthew Baione very much and staff... we need good people like them to have a better world.
The firm is very professional, in particular the two Baione brothers. The staff that I had and conversations with were pleasant and very cordial. Most of all I was never confused on what was needed from me regarding my case. They have worked as speedy as I could have wished in helping me with my case. Good Group keep up the good work.
My wife tells me that we were rejected by two other law firms because they felt there was no case.than she found the Baione brothers.not only did they take the case,held our hands the whole time but got us the maximum we hoped to receive