Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) Sponsors Never Forget the Heroes Act
U.S. Senator Roy Blunt from Missouri has agreed to sponsor the Never Forget the Heroes: Permanent Authorization of the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Act (S. 546)(“Never Forget the Heroes Act“). Senator Blunt joins Republican Senators Susan Collins (R-ME), Tom Cotton (R-AR), Cory Gardner (R-CO), Jerry Moran (R-KS), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK).
This is the third time Senator Blunt, from a state with less than one hundred confirmed 9/11 victims, has supported the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund (9/11 VCF). Senator Blunt voted for the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 (the Zadroga Act). and supported the 2015 reauthorization efforts, which did not require a vote as additional funding was included in the omnibus budget.
Senator Blunt’s support is admirable in light of the relatively small number of confirmed 9/11 victims in his home state. Senators from states which much larger populations of confirmed 9/11 victims have not yet agreed to sponsor the Never Forget the Heroes Act. Below is a list of Senators from states with a large constituency of confirmed 9/11 victims who have not yet agreed to sponsor the Never Forget the Heroes Act. (The number listed next to each name is approximate total number of 9/11 victims.)
- Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rick Scott (R-FL); 4,000
- Patrick Toomey (R-PA); 1,500 [Note- Ron Wyden (D-PA) is a sponsor]
- Richard Burr (R-NC) and Thom Tillis (R-NC); 1,000
- Mark Warner (D-VA) and Tim Kaine (D-VA); 800
- Dianne Feinstein (D-CA); 700 [Note- Kamala Harris (D-CA) is a sponsor]
- Tim Scott (R-SC) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC); 600
- Johnny Isakson (R-GA) and David Perdue (R-GA); 500
- Gary Peters (D-MI) and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI); 100
- Mike Braun (R-IN) and Todd Young (R-IN); 111
Click here to find out if your Member of Congress support the Never Forget the Heroes Act. If they do, thank them. If they don’t, ask for their support.